Home Button

Rest Haven Memorial Gardens

   
 

The History of Rest Haven Memorial Gardens

 
 
Leon Lowther, founder of Rest Haven Memorial Gardens

Leon Lowther, 1919 - 2000, Founder


Aerial View of Rest Haven Memorial Gardens, ca. 1980

Aerial View of Rest Haven Memorial Gardens, ca. 1980

 
 

Rest Haven Memorial Gardens was founded in 1961.  Leon Lowther and his wife, Mary N. Lowther, the founders, envisioned a memorial gardens cemetery for the residents of Marion County with immaculate care, as well as an emphasis on empathetic service for the cemetery lot owners.

Rest Haven's location was carefully chosen by the Lowthers for the convenience of local residents and to place it in the fastest growing part of Marion County.  Rest Haven is located on what was once the farm of the late Glen and Lula Wilt in White Hall. 

Rest Haven was the first memorial gardens cemetery in Marion County, and it remains the only locally owned memorial gardens in the County. In fact, except for a brief interregnum in the 1990's, Rest Haven has been owned by the Lowther Family since its inception.

Original Christus section

Original Christus section

 
 

Original Devotions section

Original Devotions section